Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bad haircuts and bad waxing - don't let it ruin your life

Getting your look destroyed by professionals 


Monday, I went to the salon to get a haircut and my eyebrows done. I was planning on getting some nice heavy bangs, and just reshape my eyebrows a bit. Well, the hairstylist cut my bangs way too short on one side. You know there's always kind of one side of your face you like less than the other? Well on that one. I was so pissed! And this is right before the holidays.

Plus, the woman who usually does my eyebrows wasn't there so they gave me someone else. I told myself "whatever", and I told her I trusted her. Well I really shouldn't have! She over waxed my eyebrows. I had really thick eyebrows and now they are very thin, plus they are very apart. It makes me want to cry every time I look in the mirror.

Well I had a very bad day on that day. I was mad for the rest of the day and felt like nothing could make it better. And at night, before going to bed, I looked at myself and I cried, like a big baby! I don't remember the last time I actually cried before that. I didn't respond to texts because I was too pissed. I knew I wasn't myself, but I just couldn't cope with the world for those moments.

Coping with it 


Now, I woke up today, and felt like shit when I saw myself in the mirror again, but then, I laughed. I said: "Well, whatever, I mean, what can I do?" Seriously, what can I do except being mad about it? And I don't want to be mad, I love life! So I decided to cope with it.

I just started to see the positive things in it:

  • My bangs will grow, I'll massage my scalp everyday. 
  • I'll hide it, I'll wear a hat everyday. Hats are cute and they fit well with my bangs! 
  • My bangs can hide my eyebrows until they grow out.
Plus, talking about it to someone makes it so much better. My guy friend (the one I like very very much) texted me "Hey :), how are you?" and he saw by my tone that I wasn't well, so I explained to him that I wasn't so happy since i got out of that salon. But he made me laugh, and that brightened my day. 

What to learn from bad haircuts and bad waxing 
  1. First of all, don't let it ruin your life. You'll just be insecure for your look for a couple of days (or weeks, ughhh), but that again is only a possibility.
  2. Don't think about what you used to look like before too much. Think about your new look and how you can make it better.
  3. It's not the end of the world. It happens to everyone. You were just unlucky for once.
  4. Don't forget about it, about who gave you the bad services - get your lesson. 
  5. LAUGH about it. Life is about being happy - don't let a bad look ruin your days. It doesn't matter. 
  6. Remember that you're beautiful whatever you look like. A beautiful smile is worth much more than a bad haircut. Plus, it does not change the person you are. 
Moreover, has something like this happened to you before? How did you cope with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment